8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: atari 130 xe problems
Author: pauljs75 (12-249-143-213.client.attbi.com)
Date:   04-12-2003 12:42

It's been a good while (last time I've seen the ol' XE was when I was a kid.) But I do remember a few things. Some games ran fine running them from DOS. You know the ol' run "filename.exe" type deal. But some other games were machine language binary encoded. AtariDOS did not recognize them. So in order to load these, one had to hold down the option key during startup (when it makes those funny "farting" sounds.) Some older programs compiled a little different, and you needed an "old" machine language adapter program. Something by the name of "MTL". I think that's it (I'm going on memory here. And it's been more than 15yrs.)

Also the computer has a partial built in OS in the actual hardware. If nothing is loaded, per se, it defaults to AtariBasic. If I recall, each line began with a >. Typing in a basic program was one way you could make games. You'll need to find the books for this. The nice thing about the XE series was that they allowed for a lot of abbreviating in the code. But I can't remember all of it, it's been so long.

Topics Author  Date
  atari 130 xe problems new Mario 01-07-2003 02:26 
   RE: atari 130 xe problems  pauljs75 04-12-2003 12:42 
   RE: atari 130 xe problems new Marco Mollison Sr. 06-15-2003 22:21 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \