16/32-Bit

8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: The Best Atari 8-bit Emulator for Windows is..
Author: Sulphur Fury (165.252.19.2)
Date:   07-26-2000 03:37

Dude. Atari800Win and Atari800 is awesome. I love it. That's the one that comes with a utility to create Atari 8bit-format disks to use with the emu?

I have many disks for the Atari 8-bit, including utility programs such as word processors and terminal programs, text files, that I have ported over to this format and used on Windows. The emu works great.

The only thing is, I would love it even more if I were able to use some of my PC's resources as if they were resources for the Atari 8bit computer. Such as, hard drive space (would SpartaDOS support it?) and my PC's US Robotics 56k modem (would love to get BobTerm working and call some of those old BBS's that I know are still around but use ATASCII mode). Also I'd like to be able to use my printer to print things with AtariWriter or the 8-bit Microsoft word processor. And I'd like to use the Atari800Win program because it seems to be most compatible with my ported software. Is it possible, or do I need a different emulator?

Topics Author  Date
  The Best Atari 8-bit Emulator for Windows is....?? new Sulphur Fury 05-18-2000 09:46 
   RE: The Best Atari 8-bit Emulator for Windows is.. new Neil Bidle 07-08-2000 03:29 
    RE: The Best Atari 8-bit Emulator for Windows is.. new JLsoft 07-10-2000 10:46 
     RE: The Best Atari 8-bit Emulator for Windows is..  Sulphur Fury 07-26-2000 03:37 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames