Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

Hi Folks,

Hen it arrived, my TT had a Catch Computers TT-Ram board in it, loaded with 8Mb of RAM as 8x1Mb SIMM's....looking at the board it uses a bank system of two independant banks of four 30-pin SIMM slots each, running the SIMM's in each bank in parallel to get the 32 bits.....

When I put 8x4Mb SIMM's in instead of the 1Mb ones it still only recognised 8Mb of the 32Mb now installed. As is usual on TT-Ram boards the MMU doesn't auto-recognise the capacity of the SIMM's, you have to set it up with (in this case) a little piano-DIP switch block. Following a conversation with someone (can't remember who now) at AMS2000 I decided that I would experiment with the switch setttings. Basically it had been suggested that the switches would run from the bottom in binary code through all the permutations of memory size available....it was currently set to 1...I tried turning it back to 0 and it only saw 4Mb, settinng it to 10 had it seeing 16Mb, then to 11 where it recognised 20Mb, then to 100 where it recognised all 32Mb....Now I'm wondering....will this board see 16Mb SIMM's?....

Also does Cubase run OK if you preload the OS into TT-RAM, and can anyone recommend a sure-fire and idiot proof program for checking the flags on Cubase to make sure it's loading into TT-Ram, and does anyone know a TT and Cubase (and NVDI4) compatible alternative file selector.....

chrisc

Topics Author  Date
  Success with TT-Ram board new Chris Crosskey 11-15-2000 00:43 
   RE: Success with TT-Ram board new The Paranoid 11-15-2000 04:14 
    RE: Success with TT-Ram board new Chris Crosskey 11-15-2000 05:24 
     RE: Success with TT-Ram board new The Paranoid 11-16-2000 03:30 
      RE: Success with TT-Ram board new elliot 11-16-2000 21:31 
       RE: Success with TT-Ram board new Chris Crosskey 11-17-2000 01:08 
   RE: Success with TT-Ram board new Damion Jones 11-21-2000 17:24 
   RE: Success with TT-Ram board new Damion Jones 11-22-2000 13:24 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name: