Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

Hi all,

I have lost my SCSI harddisk which I used with Falcon 030. It was bootable since I bought this machine and everything works fine.

I had to exchange the broken HDD with the new one and I didn't have another SCSI so I decided to use IDE drive (there is a possibility to use 1 (one) IDE drive in my Falcon - he is tuned and pushed into tower box). Anyway... I mounted IDE drive in place of old SCSI and then I take the disk with HDDRIVER to make my hardrive visible and bootable by the Atari. God! I did it - the disk is visible, you can read/write on it, but there is a one little problem. To use the harddisk I have to load HDDRIVER from the floppy - it's stored in AUTO folder, of coz. But when I move HDDRIVER to AUTO folder on C: (harddisk) it will not load and the harddisk will be invisible. I just have to boot up from FDD. It seems that my IDE harddisk is not the first bootable device in the system and Atari boots up from the first bootable device that is FDD. I understand that SCSI was the first bootable device in the system earlier.

The question is:
What can I do with HDDRIVER or anything else to make this IDE HDD bootable ?

TIA,
trophy/atari-area

Topics Author  Date
  HDDriver... new trophy 09-05-2001 12:04 
   RE: HDDriver... new Tito Teclado 09-05-2001 12:31 
   RE: HDDriver... new Chris Crosskey 09-05-2001 12:41 
   RE: HDDriver... new Anders Eriksson 09-05-2001 16:16 
    Thanx - but what do you think of it? new trophy 09-07-2001 15:23 
     RE: Thanx - but what do you think of it? new Anders Eriksson 09-09-2001 13:10 
      RE: Thanx - but what do you think of it? new The Paranoid 09-10-2001 11:02 
       RE: Thanx - but what do you think of it? new trophy 09-11-2001 16:42 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org