Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

I've been given a couple of ACSI-SCSI hosts, and am looking for some help....They're both bare boards with a pair of 19-pin sockets on the back so I assume they were for building into cases originally...

One is a Protar, it would appear that it only supports one device as it has a selector next to the sockets. TBF I think I've got this oe cracked as the voltages are marked on the board....

The other is an Atari own brand one, and it's a bit bigger than a paperback book....wierdly though, there's a good two inches of it that isn't used and is just a big earth-plane at the back of the board. It looks like it must support more than one drive cos it has two SCSI headers on the inside and doesn't appear to have an ID selector of its own. One problem is trying to work out how to power it up...there's a header on one edge that has abpout 8 pins but none of them are marked as to what they do......anyone recognise this for what it is?......

Finally I've got an old and non-functioning Atari Hard-drive....it is a 20Mb unit with an RLL/MFM hard-drive (a big 5.25" heavy monster) and it isn't being recognised by anything.....is it likely that it is the drive or the converter with this thing?......

Even more finally I've got a BMS-100 (Berkely Microsystems) kit...there's a the BMS-100 itself, an Adaptec SCSI-MFM/RLL converter board and a full-height 5.25" 20Mb drive....nothing seems to want to recognise it...any ideas

I've got HD-Driver 7.7n, AHDI 6.06U, CBHD (dunno the rev) and ICD (Link)....

chrisc

Topics Author  Date
  Old atari HD hosts new Chris Crosskey 08-31-2000 02:32 
   RE: Old atari HD hosts new Chris Crosskey 09-01-2000 01:17 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \