Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

Well folks, I've in a bit of a quandry.

I bought an Epson 740 a while back and have been using it with Pagestream for spot color and as a generally nice 360 or 720 dpi B&W printer (most of the time, I've been in 360 black mode).

Recently, I've been experimenting with printing photos from Imagecopy. The output is quite nice in 720 dpi color mode, but...
1) print time is measured in hours. Seriously, a 4 x 6 inch photo takes over an hour to print.
and more importantly,
2) I'm losing ink! I happened to need to change the color cartridge one day just prior to printing a pair of 4 x 6 inch photos on the same piece of paper. Towards the end of the second photo, the ink out light started blinking. Sure enough, I was out of ink. A study of the printer shows a blotting pad on the left hand side. On my 740 at work, it is mostly white cotton-looking material with a few ink stains. On my 740 at home, it was saturated with ink!

Now, I'm a diehard Atarian, but I can't pay $25 per page of photos! Any ideas?

Galen

Topics Author  Date
  Printing with Imagecopy and an Epson 740 new atarigalen 03-15-2001 07:28 
   RE: Printing with Imagecopy and an Epson 740 new David Barkin 03-17-2001 18:23 
    RE: Printing with Imagecopy and an Epson 740 new Atarigalen 03-20-2001 01:09 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames