Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

Hi there,

Some days ago there was a little thread concerning CuBase prices in GB.

Even when looking at Standard hardware, it seems quite unbelievable how important Ataris may be for many people.

For example, in the Atari World forum, there was the Peter Denk Atari Fachmarkt who asked for 10 (!) Falcons because a client has been asking for this amount.

Now let's compare PCs with Ataris:

in German eBay you can get a Mega STE for about 50 E. At this price are Standard Pentium 1.
A mediocre Falcon costs about 100 E, yesterday a tower-falcon with screenblaster was sold for 230 E!
I got a Pentium II-333 MHz last week for 100 E.
An Atari TT (with Harddisk) is at about 150 E.
And You usually get 2 or 3 SM124 as a bonus because everybody wants to get rid of them...

Are these prices just because of the good old times, just for playing Midimaze and remembering these days?
I don't think so.
Much more powerful machines (like an Archimedes, for example) which are even more seldom do not achieve such prices.
Why? It must be the Software which is available for the Ataris. Thus means that these Ataris are sold to work with them. The high prices seem to indicate that even older Ataris are needed by many people and because there is quite good software available.

I just wanted to get rid of these ideas and I'm waiting for a new TOS machine.

The actual bid for a stacy 2 for about 230 E (!!!) shows that Medusa's idea to build a TOS Laptop could be a fine sense for what the TOS market needs...

Alex

Topics Author  Date
  Atari: Still Power as You can see by the price... new Alex from Mannheim 08-27-2001 13:49 
   RE: Atari: Still Power as You can see by the price new asteroid 08-30-2001 10:30 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames