8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: Day 30 in the month of rains: Journal of Liah
Author: Xebec's Demise (pfilter1.proxy-watch.com)
Date:   05-10-2005 08:12

Day 30 in the month of rains: Journal of Liah

I was just abducted by aliens today! Before I stepped through the gate into The City, I chose a name of Liah.

Some thoughts on stats and skills:

STR, INT, and CHR can be raised with potions and through skill use gain, 255 successful uses will raise the skill one point, so, I thought it would be a good idea to try to roll the best values that I could for STA, WIS, and SKL, since there are no potions to raise these skills and I am unsure about them raising through use. Does anybody know? I have a hunch that WIS might raise through identifying potions, but not sure. While getting hypnotized for a least an hour by the rolling numbers at the gate to the city of Xebec’s Demise, I noticed that there are very rarely 21s rolled for SKL. Could this mean that SKL is one of the most powerful stats and thus, given away sparingly?

Anyway, as you can see, I managed to get a 21 STA, 13 WIS and 20 SKL, not bad for what I wanted to do. But, at the same time you can see that I ended up being a weakling 8 STR and stupid 11 INT as a result. I hope my theory is right, and I can raise my STR and INT up quickly to catch up with my other skills. On the other hand, maybe my scrawny STR and stupid INT will end up getting me killed? We shall see…

I had another thought too. Could the base skills that you begin with be more significant than gained skill? For example, what is more effective, a base skill of 20 STR or a base skill of 8 STR +12? What do you think?

[img]http://img242.echo.cx/img242/5373/encounter10ec.jpg[/img]

Amazingly on my first encounter as pictured above, with a Fighter, I managed to bop him with my bare hands for 1 point at a time until he killed over, and he only hit me once for 5 points. So I guess that 20 SKL is already paying off in helping me not get hit. Of course my 8 STR is only doing 1 point of damage against the Fighter, but hopefully that will change as I level up.

I did not want to fight him and risk dying, but I also did not want to try to Leave (Escape) and have him steal my food and money before having a chance to buy a dagger or stiletto. That would mean certain death also. So, I pressed Ignore instead. Of course, he Engaged me anyway! I waited for him to attack first before I attacked – I am playing a good aligned character and read that you can only attack evil creatures or monsters first otherwise you will lose Moral Alignment. Crossed my fingers, and won!

Now off to the smithy…

“Good Stamina is useful in surviving hardships. Charming an opponent, naturally, requires Charm (charisma). Strength gives you an advantage in a fight; Skill helps you avoid blows from an adversary. Intelligence is crucial for tricking your enemies, Wisdom for making decisions. Hit Points are very important: the more you have, the harder you are to kill! You are closely monitored! Don't think the Stats at the top of the screen make up the whole. Many things, including your personality, are constantly taken into account by the computer. To achieve your goals, be yourself!” - http://www.eobet.com/alternate-reality/docs/city_guidebook.html

Topics Author  Date
  Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ever! new A. Ostler 05-09-2005 05:28 
   RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Jim Denson 05-10-2005 00:01 
   Play Alternate Reality: The City on your PC new Xebec's Demise 05-10-2005 04:19 
   Day 30 in the month of rains: Journal of Liah  Xebec's Demise 05-10-2005 08:12 
    RE: Day 30 in the month of rains: Journal of Liah new Xebec's Demise 05-11-2005 05:47 
     RE: Day 30 in the month of rains: Journal of Liah new Xebec's Demise 05-11-2005 13:57 
   RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Lyverbe 05-11-2005 14:37 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Jim Denson 05-12-2005 00:14 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 05-12-2005 01:28 
     RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Jim Denson 05-12-2005 05:03 
      RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 05-13-2005 10:56 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Steve 05-19-2005 02:17 
   RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 05-13-2005 10:48 
   Alternate Reality: The City - Player Competition new Xebec's Demise 05-13-2005 10:49 
   RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Mark Bedingfield 05-19-2005 05:16 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Jim Denson 05-20-2005 15:40 
     RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Mark Bedingfield 05-23-2005 04:34 
   RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Steve 05-21-2005 10:08 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 06-01-2005 07:45 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 06-01-2005 07:47 
    RE: Alternate Reality: The City - The Best Game Ev new Xebec's Demise 06-01-2005 07:47 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames