Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Old atari HD hosts
Author: Chris Crosskey (212.49.200.34)
Date:   09-01-2000 01:17

More info...

The Atari board has an ST-type motherboard power connector, so I'm assuming it's out of something like a Megafile or an SH-series hard-drive ....if I can't get the Megafiel I've got working then I'll prolly butcher it to put this board in instead...assuming this board will handle more than one drive then I'll hack a hole in the front to put a dismountable SCSI drive bay in it along with a small drive full of HD tools of various sorts and use it as a small drive test and set-up mule and monitor stand....This will free up an old case that will then host the Protar board and a drive that I can use with another of my TOS2.06 ST's, and also mean that I can dedicate my Link2 to being the host for my Desktopper STFM (2.5Mb TOS1.4) which will be useful as a test machine for TOS1 (all the rest of my ST's are TOS2.06 or above) compatibility, playing games (just kill the power to the drives that are hosting the Link and boot from floppy)....

Still trying to get the BMS drive running as is though....it's an absolute warthog and I'd dearly love it to be useable as a display at the Show....if only for historical interest....

chrisc

Topics Author  Date
  Old atari HD hosts new Chris Crosskey 08-31-2000 02:32 
   RE: Old atari HD hosts  Chris Crosskey 09-01-2000 01:17 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \