8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: midi sequencing
Author: Damion (host62-7-84-253.btinternet.com)
Date:   12-10-2000 08:59

YAHOO! - A sensible choice...

I too use Atari's for Music, even though I also have a few PC's with some of the best PC software, its still quite honestly crap compared to the Atari.

Ok, you want to use software that will also let you use, not only the built-in MIDI ports, but also let you have another, or even more!

The basic one to go for, is BREAKTHRU PLUS - V2 if you can, its only a little more pricey, but much better in that it has more extras!
I think something around £100 to £150 covers the main range.
The PLUS versions, come with an extra midi out, which is very handy. Annoyingly, you cant just get the non-plus version, and add the port, cos it isnt written to do it ( I wasted my time trying that one! )

There is also Concerto, which is possibly the best value of the lot! - £40 is all it is, and it has some amazing power, but its complex at first, and you will have to look hard to get anywhere, but its all there somewhere! - as far as I know, it only has support for the standard MIDI IN & OUT Ports.

PRO 24 is also a well used sequencer, and is still used by many people, but it works too much like a 24-Track to me, I cannot seem to be able to edit a single note, like most of the others do! - I think its now PD actually, but check that out first! - I may be confused with PRO12 ( Same, but half the tracks )

There is also the big-boys too!

NOTATOR, and CREATOR are very similar in what they can do, and they are good choices to make. I cannot even attept to tell you how much you cn be expected to pay for them, but assume they wont be cheap.

The best you can go for, is CuBase ( NOT QBASE ), as it has the ability of using loads of midi ports, as add-ons. I know the 3-port version would set you back way less han £50 - I know the price, but for competition, I wont say.
I have also heard of both 8 and 16 port addons too, but I have not seen, so do they exist? - its possible of course!

You must also have a Mono Monitor for these, but BreakThru, and Concerto also works in ST-Medium, but honestly. the Mono Monitor is so much better than ST MED REZ, that its well worth a few quid more.

If you cannot get hold of any decent software for music, just EMail me with your address, and I will send you some stuff to get you started.

Topics Author  Date
  midi sequencing new mesh 12-10-2000 08:02 
   RE: midi sequencing  Damion 12-10-2000 08:59 
    RE: midi sequencing new casaval 01-19-2001 04:15 
     RE: midi sequencing new Damion 01-19-2001 12:05 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___