Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: Where's "our" new OS?
Author: Mr. Maddog (162.117.133.123)
Date:   01-03-2001 07:55

As a (sad to say) former Atari ST user, I have to say that we should have our own new operating system like our Amiga counterparts. Lately I see more and more cool innovations for Amigas, including a PPC board, and even Amiga emulation is making the platform well known from Cloanto's Amiga Forever to the legally released programs on Back To The Roots site.

But what has the TOS/GEM platform have to show for it? I'm still waiting for a recent version of MiNT that's in a decent distribution, hardware and software that isn't just sold exclusively in Germany, an emulator that does more than just play games, and the Milan computer to actually reach North America not to mention the rest of the world. The wosrt part is that when someone does want something more modern on the Atari platform, the general attitude by others is they rather keep the traditional closed minded mentality which completely killed off what made owning an Atari ST a joy in the first place.

Is it any wonder why I, and some others, had moved on to Linux?

The fact that even an obsolete platform like the Amiga sees more innovations than on TOS/GEM is very disheartening. Should you people get jealous and even upset that Amiga users get a brand new OS even though Commodore long went out of business. Darn right! And hopefully that'll drive people to do something about it so the TOS/GEM platform gets a serious boost that it needs.

Eric Noss
a.k.a
Mr. Maddog

Topics Author  Date
  AmigaOS 3.9?? new Dexter 12-06-2000 01:54 
   RE: AmigaOS 3.9?? new Dexter 12-06-2000 02:28 
    RE: STOP IT new Gurjit 12-06-2000 04:45 
    Relevant posting? new GokMasE 12-14-2000 22:38 
   RE: AmigaOS 3.9?? new LST of LaserForce 01-03-2001 05:09 
   Where's "our" new OS?  Mr. Maddog 01-03-2001 07:55 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name: