8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: ST Hard Drive problems
Author: Damion Jones (inh1ts24-qfe0.ims.bt.net)
Date:   01-06-2001 11:16

When you say that you have connected it to a PC, do you mean, the HD, or the ST?

If you use a software network connection ( i.e GHOSTLINK ) , then the PC should not give a dam how the drive is formatted?

If you have put the drive into a PC, then this will almost definetely be because the disk is NOT partitioned as DOS Compatible, this also goes by the way you said about "cauto.tos" which is a very old booter program. Maybe it not even AHDI / XHDI Compatible?

So, I would seriously suggest, that you get hold of something like GHOSTLINK, and connect the ST to the PC that way, its slow, but the cable can be bought for around £3 ( Seen for a tenner though! ) its a null modem cable, and its very reliable, especially on DOS PC's - I dont know about Bindow$?

Or, it you want a fast connection, go for Paralink, or ParcP, but you will need to make you own cable ( reasonably easy even for a novice ).

Hang on, you say the drive does, of does NOT boot?

Have you tried any other Hard Disk driver software?

HD-Driver is the best you can get, but if you dont want to buy, just in case it does not work, then AHDI from Atari is free, and you can get it anywhere! - if you dont have, and cant find, then EMail me, and I will send it to you!

fatrakoon@btinternet.com

Topics Author  Date
  ST Hard Drive problems new Stewart Gilray 01-06-2001 10:34 
   RE: ST Hard Drive problems  Damion Jones 01-06-2001 11:16 
   RE: ST Hard Drive problems new Damion 01-08-2001 14:15 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___