8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Jinnee sorry another question
Author: Damion Jones (host213-1-172-110.btinternet.com)
Date:   03-12-2001 10:44

Oh No! - I have NOT tried to mention ANY PROBLEM with Jinnee, just that it has a feature that is set to one thing in the Demo, and not in the full version... They both have the feature as far as I know?

Until only a short while ago, when I upgraded to Magic 5, I would swear by Ease!

I think I might still do! - Ease is quite simply the Best Desktop there is, despite what many people would say, but then, after using Jinnee 2.5, I could see where every other Desktop looses out, and Jinnee is quite simply miles ahead of the rest.

I cannot say what makes it better, unless I go on for days on end, there is so much to it that makes it what it is.

As for you wondering bout CuBase on a 16MHZ STe, then that is completely irrelevant isnt it? - Once CuBase is running, it does not matter what Desktop you are using?

My choice of Jinnee ( Even though I have not long before that, bought Ease v4 ) was at first because of Long Filename support which is slightly better than Thing, and as CuBase does not support Long Filenames, then again, it would make no real difference to you.

Oh look, I am obviously just going to sprout loads of crap about it, but the best way to test it, is to see for yourself.

Go to the Application Systems Heidelberg Website, to load the English Demo of it.

It has a few quirks such as telling you that its a demo every 2 minutes, but its not too bad!

The Full version can be had from the Atari WorkShop, for £30

If you take the Atari seriously, and use your desktop regularly, then Jinnee is an absolute must. - it pisses on Windows 95/98 and even has some featues that the Mac, and Linux do not!

Topics Author  Date
  Jinnee 2.5 - Copying new Damion Jones 03-10-2001 14:03 
   RE: Jinnee 2.5 - Copying new Damion Jones 03-11-2001 08:51 
    RE: Jinnee sorry another question new trendannoyer 03-12-2001 10:19 
     RE: Jinnee sorry another question  Damion Jones 03-12-2001 10:44 
      RE: Jinnee sorry another question new gorila 03-14-2001 08:25 
       RE: Jinnee sorry another question new trendannoyer 03-14-2001 10:41 
        RE: Jinnee sorry another question new Damion Jones 03-14-2001 13:48 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject: