8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Need help on Atari external harddisk cable
Author: Damion Jones (host213-123-29-193.btinternet.com)
Date:   03-22-2001 21:16

Actually, I think there is some confusion from Anthony there?

You have the Atari, and you have an external Hard Drive.

So, what you actually need is the cable that goes from the Atari To the Hard drive.

You will need to get hold of an Adapter, such as the TopLink, and there are plenty of places that sell these, you might be better off getting one second hand though, as they can be expensive, although I do not know current prices.

The Adapter is needed, because the Hard Drive is a SCSI, but the port on the back of the Atari, is ACSI, which is Atari's own idea of a SCSI port, but it is NOT compatible with SCSI - hence the need for the adapter.

Now, I am wondering... Do you just have a bare Drive, or is it housed in a case? - I assume it in a case as you did say it was external, so, if it is an atari one, then I would think, that the connections will be the same, and you can simply connect the TOPLINK adapter straight to the connection on the case.

If its just a hard drive, then you will need to get hold of a cable the goes from the TopLink, to the back of a SCSI Drive, and you can ask Chris Crosskey for one of those - He helped me with that one, and I still use it on one of my old Atari's.

I think I am right there?

Anyone is free to point anything out where I am wrong!

No doubt you will.

Topics Author  Date
  Need help on Atari external harddisk cable new Lovro 03-22-2001 13:36 
   RE: Need help on Atari external harddisk cable new Anthony 03-22-2001 20:27 
    RE: Need help on Atari external harddisk cable new Lovro 03-23-2001 09:23 
     RE: Need help on Atari external harddisk cable new Chris Crosskey 03-23-2001 13:31 
   RE: Need help on Atari external harddisk cable  Damion Jones 03-22-2001 21:16 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames