8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: TT Screen Switching Problems
Author: Damion Jones (host213-122-255-169.btinternet.com)
Date:   03-25-2001 00:06

You didnt get the EMail? - Just as well I used the forum then I recon... Bloody PC!

Debugger? Debugger? - That is one thing I have never been bothered to use!
My debugger is me - if it works, it works, if not, then look at the code again... Thats my way of doing everything!

Anyway, HiSoft Basic has no debugger, if it does, where?

That is one thing that does piss me off...Yes, changing the screen address should just display the memory as loads of possible garbage! - I have done a small program that rips pictures off from other programs, and this is simply what I did, but on this TT, I just cannot change the screen at all?

So, why does it crash?

Ok, when I say crash, it just displays bombs...erm, 4 is it? - I cant remember now, I will tell you the number when I next look ( Atari's are in Bedroom, so are kids, so I cant do it now ). it does not hang the computer, and I am able to carry on perfectly well, but the screen often stays at the new memory address! - Oh, and I am using MXALLOC and forcing STRAM use, so its not that.

The Video Timing is not important, and I am not bothering to try anything along those lines... Just do the job as quick as it can. As I said the DEVPAC code works on the STE and there is nothing too complex in there, so I want to keep it simple for the TT, and the HiSoft Basic code is... Well, timing does not really come into it, its just too simple to warrant wanting timing.

Topics Author  Date
  TT Screen Switching Problems new Damion Jones 03-24-2001 01:58 
   RE: TT Screen Switching Problems new Hans 03-24-2001 11:03 
    RE: TT Screen Switching Problems new Damion Jones 03-24-2001 20:49 
     RE: TT Screen Switching Problems new Hans 03-24-2001 21:49 
      RE: TT Screen Switching Problems  Damion Jones 03-25-2001 00:06 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _