Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: help with cubase 2.0
Author: Chris Crosskey (212.49.200.37)
Date:   05-02-2001 13:46

If you've got an STe adn the RAM to do it get it up to 4Mb's immediately...it only takes a minute or two....

Put the dongle in the cart-port of the STe adn then boot the machine with another disk, if someone has been using the Cubase on another machine as an auto-boot then there might be some things in an auto-folder or whatever that don't like STe's...On ce the machine has booted put the CUbase disk in th edrive and attempt to run Cubase. If it still does it, remove the disk, turn the machine off, check the dongle is seated correctly and try again. Same goes for Notator. Make sure that you are booting into monochrome mode though neither Cubase or Notator run in colour modes, and the mono mode will only owrk on a dedicated monitor, a multi-sync with the correct switch box or cable or an SVGA monitor though a converter plug thingy....

Cubase 2 will run in 1Mb but....you can't have much in the way of accessories and it's a good idea to leave out bits of CUbase like the IPS to maximise workspace area....

chrisc

tom wrote:
-------------------------------
Hey there

I recently bought a second hand atari 1040ste - not sure about how much ram in it

Having sourced a copy of Cubase v2.0 I tried to boot it and just was bombed out after a couple of seconds. Has anybody else had this problem? I have also got a copy of Notator and the same thing happens, although Notator gets as far as its intro screen...

Does this suggest to anybody that I need more RAM? I have got an extra four megs but havn't fitted it yet due to laziness more than anything els I suppose

Topics Author  Date
  help with cubase 2.0 new tom 04-28-2001 21:34 
   RE: help with cubase 2.0 new Damion Jones 04-29-2001 03:52 
   RE: help with cubase 2.0  Chris Crosskey 05-02-2001 13:46 
    RE: help with cubase 2.0 new MrMac 05-11-2001 14:25 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___