8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: MEGA ST2 HDD errors HELP!
Author: Damion Jones (host213-1-77-4.btinternet.com)
Date:   05-26-2001 20:41

What exactly is the problem?

You say errors in the heading, but then you dont mention them at all?

Ok, so do you have a Hard Disk formatting program?

The Atari's cannot format a Hard Disk on their own without such a thing, so have a look at the Hard Disk driver software that you should have ( You might not though - the Driver might have been written using a Floppy, and not copied to Hard disk at all )

Also please note, that Because you only have one Hard Disk, with 2 Partitions on it, you cannot format the disk without clearing both partitions, so you need to make sure, that you only wipe the one partition.

Some Driver Softwares let you do this, some do not, so the chances are, that the best you can hope for as things stand, is simply to delete everything except the actual Driver file that will be in the root of C:

What the driver file is, I dont know on your Atari, but it could be something like

DRIVER.SYS
SDDRIVER.SYS
HDDRIVER.SYS

As many of them do use something like that, but if you get it wrong, you will be stuffed.

Do you have any driver software for it?

If you do, then make sure you have it on Floppy Disk, or better still have it on more than one remember than its a life-line for the Hard Disk.

What type of Hard Disk is it? Is it built into the ST? how big is it?

If Its a SCSI or IDE, then do you want to borrow another Hard Disk, so you can back everything up before you mess about with it?

Or, do you want any Hard Disk Driver Software?

I could Email it to you if you wanted, but remember, that not all driver software is the same, and some of the older ones, are not compatible with some others ( SD-Driver and HD-Driver crash when working together, so I had to use AHDI to get my files from one Disk to another when I upgraded and it took me days to do as well )

Anyway EMail me directly if you want any further ( Or clearer eh? ) help.

FatRakoon@BTInternet.COM

Topics Author  Date
  MEGA ST2 HDD errors HELP! new Parris 05-22-2001 11:23 
   RE: MEGA ST2 HDD errors HELP!  Damion Jones 05-26-2001 20:41 
    RE: MEGA ST2 HDD errors HELP! new Parris 05-27-2001 00:12 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___