8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Atari International
Author: Parris (modem-240-104-60-62.vip.uk.com)
Date:   06-15-2001 11:34

Hello! Blimey, a great many points to cover.
I'll possibly not have time to fit them in, nor give them the amount of time each really requires, but in answer to some of those points.

I'm not a spokesperson for A.I., these things still need to be worked out, however I am an active member and use my Atari's in much the same way that you do & possibly know your angle.

i) It bothers me that anyone should feel that this is purely about gaming or the release of software we feel we should have for free. It's much more than that.

Gaming, and indeed on the Atari's we are talking about 'Classic' gaming now, is an important PART of this project, but only in the same way that a whole host of other aspects are.

ii) Nobody is suggesting for a minute that we can convince the World to throw their PC's in the skip and return to our beloved Atari units.

I use a PC for all the bits and pieces I do on a daily basis as a Music Journalist, because my Atari does'nt have the capacity or the software to do so.

iii) A.I. is not about dictating to anyone, it is about assiting current and hopefully future Atari users get the VERY MOST from their machine's so that with a bit of luck and development, nobody should feel forced off their Atari's onto other formats.

The Atari computers are incredible for their age and can do a great deal, and I'm constantly being amazed by the more technically minded of people as to exactly what these machines can do.

Having used Atari's and PC's for sequencing and performing MIDI material, I know which I prefer.

2 of my favourite albums were composed, sequenced and sampled entirely using basic Atari equipment. They both happen to be French/American...

Readymade 'EP' (House music)F.Comm
Dee Nasty 'Dee Nastyness' (Hip-hop) Funkzilla

Each came out within the last 2yrs and are superb.

vi) If we can establish a forum and organisation that can provide up-to-date and accurate information on many aspects of using the Atari computers, maintaining them and obtaining new parts/software, we can go a long way to assisting ourselves as a community.

v) As for an ATARI rebirth... Who knows what is going to happen, stranger things have happened at sea, yet I too suspect that the best we can currently hope for is maintaining what we already have.

I'm no expert, I'm not technically minded. I am however a musician and keen Atari user I feel that it's anout time that an organisation covered as many aspects of these machines so that we don't lose the community to more powerful (ot necessarily better) machines.

There are solutions to a great many Atari problems, and as I mentioned, there's a lot more to them than meets the eye.

Anyone else feel like covering all these points?

Parris.

Topics Author  Date
  Atari International new Trax 06-13-2001 22:04 
   RE: Atari International new Parris 06-13-2001 22:46 
    RE: Atari International new Trax 06-14-2001 01:19 
     RE: Atari International new FatRakoon 06-14-2001 04:13 
      RE: Atari International new Trax 06-14-2001 04:32 
       RE: Atari International new Parris 06-14-2001 10:20 
        RE: Atari International new hylst 06-14-2001 13:33 
         RE: Atari International new Murdoc Addams 06-14-2001 15:45 
          RE: Atari International new FatRakoon 06-14-2001 21:51 
       RE: Atari International new FatRakoon 06-14-2001 21:13 
       RE: Atari International new Flash 06-15-2001 06:07 
        RE: Atari International  Parris 06-15-2001 11:34 
         RE: Atari International new Fat american Animal Thingy 06-15-2001 21:48 
        RE: Atari International new Fat american Animal Thingy 06-15-2001 21:56 
         RE: Atari International new Flash 06-16-2001 03:13 
          RE: Atari International new Fat american Animal Thingy 06-16-2001 03:32 
           RE: Atari International new shalroth 06-20-2001 14:31 
        RE: Atari International new Murdoc Addams 06-16-2001 09:38 
         RE: Atari International new Parris 06-16-2001 10:43 
          RE: Atari International new shalroth 06-20-2001 14:41 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \