Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Mega STE config
Author: LaTeX (mail.ase2i.fr)
Date:   07-18-2001 14:10

Hi Jan !

My Mega STE boot at 16MHz with cache by default. So somthing survive the reset. Maybe it is one of the switches, maybe it is only soft configuration. I suppose the CPX save changes and when you boot from your hard drive, as CPX are loaded firstly (like whatever you have got in the auto directory) you are in the mode you choose before. I will check that.

Most of my documents about ATARI are in my parents house, 1100Km far from where I am. I will visit them at the end of August, not before. In September, if you still have not found informations about STE specifications (how to test the platform model, how to use (Mega)STE hardware scroll, how to use the STE joystick ports, how to set the frequency CPU clock and the cache on Mega STE, how to use the STE sound) I wil be able to help you on that way. Please just remind me to do so.
fdussin@voila.fr

For Falcon, I do not know ! I never had one, and I have no documents on it. If you are developping a game and you want it to work on all ST, STE, Falcon platform, you will have to write separated routines for sound (one for each platform) or only use the Yamaha. The Yamaha chips is the only one that is present on every of those machines. From what I remember of Falcon, Falcon sound system is different from STE sound system. That means my C functions will not work on Falcon, but only with STE...

Anyway, I will translate my comments and explanations this weekend and send you my code by mail next week. You will be able to write GFA basic version or whatever upon my comments.

Have fun using those functions !

Topics Author  Date
  Mega STE config new Jan Thomas 07-14-2001 00:25 
   RE: Mega STE config new shalroth 07-16-2001 11:14 
    RE: Mega STE config new Jan Thomas 07-16-2001 11:36 
     RE: Mega STE config new LaTeX 07-16-2001 13:03 
      RE: Mega STE config new Jan Thomas 07-16-2001 13:25 
       RE: Mega STE config new LaTeX 07-17-2001 12:50 
        RE: Mega STE config new Jan Thomas 07-17-2001 18:30 
         RE: Mega STE config  LaTeX 07-18-2001 14:10 
      RE: Mega STE config new shalroth 07-18-2001 15:24 
       RE: Mega STE config new Jan Thomas 07-18-2001 16:53