16/32-Bit

8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Supra Drive - Mission Impossible!
Author: Fat Rakoon (host213-122-228-250.btinternet.com)
Date:   09-26-2001 20:22

Didnt the disks I sent you do anything?

Have you read the quick SCSI tropuble shooter I sent on the blue disk?

Have a good read of it, and I recon it should get it sorted - as long as everythign works of course!

The thing is, that on all my STE's, when the ACSI-SCSI adapters are connected, then the floppy does not work if the disk is not connected properly, so I would say that will be your first thing to check out.

Make sure its all connected properly, and that pin 1 on the cable is in the right way - usually, pin 1 goes next to the power connection. This is often the standard, but NOT in all cases.

Make sure that the drives jumpers are setup properly. Make sure the Disk thinks that its ID is set to 0 ( ZERO )

Some drives dont spin up until they get a message to do so, and this will be set by a jumper.

If there is a lot of jumpers on it, what model is the drive? - if you can give me any, and all the numbers and info about the drive, I will get the info you might need.

I know some drives I have come across are nasty with jumpers and they must be setup absolutely spot on before you get anything from it, but most drives simply have ID, so which type is yours?

It is SCSI is it?

If so, then why dont you just accept that with 20MB, its not worth bothering with, and buy a new one instead?

Does it have the terminators set right?
They are mostly a row, sometimes 2 or 3 that are right next to the long SCSI connection, but again, that could be simply a jumper or even a switch of some kind, and might be very small indeed. Have a proper check.

Topics Author  Date
  Supra Drive - Mission Impossible! new Facundo 09-26-2001 03:47 
   RE: Supra Drive - Mission Impossible! new Elliot 09-26-2001 17:40 
   RE: Supra Drive - Mission Impossible!  Fat Rakoon 09-26-2001 20:22 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \