8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Long Filesnames & KOBOLD
Author: Damion (dsl213-218-231-140.as15444.net)
Date:   03-14-2007 15:37

Hmm...

Ok, I have been able to get hold of a German copy of Kobold... Its a hacked version and Im not happy with it because it can take any serial, but hey, I got the legal version myself so im not breaking any laws.

Now, Im up against a silly problem or two now.

1 - I cannot get Jinnee to call it up?
Jinnee uses its own routines for COPY / MOVE / DEL and no matter what I do, KOBOLD wont startup??? - If I use any other version, its fine, and no, Im not using the wrong filename or anything? - WHY?

2 - When I run it as a standalone APP Every SCSI Partition is being treated as GEMDOS?
Kind of making the whole idea of bothering with KoBold, a bit useless.I have been doing some testing ( A lot of testing recently actually ) and its got nothing to do with how I use HDDRIVER or how the parttiions are setup, or whether I use LFNs or how big the partitions are, or whether its any particular compatibility.

The anoying thing is that v3.0 tries to work with these partitions except it fails to read the large named files, but now its not even trying at all?

Im really getting peeved at all of this, and I can see whats going to happen... Im going to go off the bloody atari altogether if this keeps up, and I have only just got back after a few years off as it is!

Topics Author  Date
  Long Filesnames & KOBOLD new Damion 03-10-2007 17:27 
   RE: Long Filesnames & KOBOLD  Damion 03-14-2007 15:37 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/