8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: Partition sizes and more
Author: Damion (dsl213-218-231-140.as15444.net)
Date:   03-14-2007 15:50

Been doing a lot of experiments recently.

I have a pair of 4GB SCSI Drives ( Got some 9 and 18GB Drives spare for further ridiculous tests ) , and a handfull of CF Cards and CF to IDE Adapters.

I have been ( as some know ) failing to get Magic to access drives over 1GB?? - This has now been fixed as I realised that I have been using v6.0 and 6.1 / 6.2 are ok with FAT32... Under Magic I am even happy to say that 4GB partitions are fine ( If the first read is a tad slow ).

Im therefore happy to report that my Falcon can read and write to partitions of up to 2GB under standard TOS 4
It is also happy to read any size partition on the 4GB up to 4GB under Magic but not TOS... I will be trying larger SCSI Drives later on, but as the partitions come up as FAT32, I dare say that they will be able to work just fine too!

Anyway, my first problem that I have come up against, is that the first parttiion on my 4GB Drive always comes up as FAT32 and therefore TOS cannot see it?

I have tried a number of things, Mainly that particular HD, I want to keep as a TOS compatible 2GB+2GB, but no matter how small I try to make the first partition, and no matter whether I force it to be GEM, BMG, or XGM , LNX, MNX or whatever, HDDriver keeps setting it to FAT32?

I think I will probably chuck it into a PC and kill of the whole thing and re-do it on the Atari in the hope that it does finally kill off the idea of it being FAT32? - This only came up AFTER I did it as a full 4GB and before that, it was ok, so the drive may be having an issue or two I dont know, but I very much doubt it... Very much doubt it indeed.

Any clues?

Topics Author  Date
  Partition sizes and more  Damion 03-14-2007 15:50 
   RE: Partition sizes and more new Damion 03-14-2007 17:04 
    RE: Partition sizes and more new Damion 03-14-2007 19:51 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___