8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: I had MOD's
Author: FatRakoon (dsl82-163-180-133.as15444.net)
Date:   06-12-2007 20:06

Ah, well actually, I love the MOD scene.

Its still going strong and a massive number of songs are still made using the humbler MOD tracker in some form or another, and when you look at a lot of PC Music programs like the EJAY series and Music Maker and so on and so forth, they are very much based on the idea of a simple SoundTracker but are using drag & Drop rather than human selection, but they are the same thing, and there is a lot of music in teh charts that are still using those... I think daniel beddingfield was it, who used dance ejay to get him his demo tape?? - probably wrong on that though.

You must also realise that when the Amiga mods started to come out, what did the ST do? - Sure, we have the YM Chip, but then again, the Commodore 64 was vastly superior to anything the YM was and is capable of, and even that still has a massive following still to this day.

No, for me, the Atari was pathetic in comparison to the Amiga. The Amigas Audio was clear and it sounded very real, while the ST 's effort was dire in comparison... Many games had Tracker tunes to accompany them, and Sound effects were real samples, while the ST versions had the YM bleeps???

2 Games that spring to mind that show the Amiga was so much superior than the Atari was Turrican, and Lemmings.

Turrican had Tracker music on both, but come on, have you compared them? - the ST version is awful, and they are the very same mod file, but the ST simply was unable to play it back without it sounding crackly, and as for lemmings... They never even bothered to use any smaple playback at all, and on the Amiga, thisia what made the game... where was the "OH NO!" when you nuked the lot?

No, for me, the MOD scene was amazing and it still is, and the Amiga as a Sample-machine was unbeatable, and even the Falcon is not really all that impressive next to the Amiga either.

Midi Music however, is a whoel different ball game... The Atari beats even the PC still to this day as far as I care, but only MidiMusic.

Topics Author  Date
  I had MOD's new Mr T 05-16-2007 13:58 
   RE: I had MOD's new Shalroth 05-27-2007 01:19 
   RE: I had MOD's new ggn 05-29-2007 08:56 
    RE: I had MOD's new BDAqua 06-01-2007 02:19 
     RE: I had MOD's new ggn 06-01-2007 09:16 
      RE: I had MOD's new BDAqua 06-08-2007 22:04 
       RE: I had MOD's  FatRakoon 06-12-2007 20:06 
        RE: I had MOD's new Peter 06-18-2007 12:15 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email: