8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Multisync monitors
Author: FatRakoon (79-121-141-25.xln.managedbroadband.co.uk)
Date:   11-10-2008 07:09

You cah get step down adapters ( Is it step down Im thinking of? ) because the frequency of the Atari is far too low for most monitors.

The easiest cure is simply to source an old RGB Monitor... My first boge job used the Monitor from my old Amstrad CPC464... I had to do a few adjustments internally, as the picture was too dark ( or was it too bright? ) but knockinh up the cable was a half hour job...

RED to RED
GRN to GRN
BLU to BLU

VRT and HRZ I just wired them all together and Im sure another one, but I still got that cable somewhere so I will dig it out and have a look if oyu need me to.

Second easiest option is simply to buy a VGA adapter... This will only give you monochrome but when I got my first mono monitor, I was so impressed with the quality of it, that I never went back, even though it meant that I would lose all my games... Thats the point I took my ST more seriously.

Im a bit annoyed actualyl cos I gave all my old Atari ST stuff to barie at keychange and I really wish that I had not, cos he got 2 monitors, a 4MB STE and a Mint STF and my HD and ACSI cable... Worth a few quid that lot and he bugger still hadt he nerve to make me pay for a metal box for my ST... Whats even more worse is that I didnt need the box anymore cos I had just given him my ST's!!!

Topics Author  Date
  Multisync monitors new Scott 11-06-2008 10:12 
   RE: Multisync monitors  FatRakoon 11-10-2008 07:09 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/