8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: [Please read - Buyer Beware] Digital Data Factor
Author: Greg Goodwin (shadowout.aafes.com)
Date:   09-06-2000 03:52

[Please read - Buyer Beware] Digital Data Factory (Edward Williams)

To the Atari community,

It is with a heavy heart that I give the following message. I normally like to stay fairly upbeat in my writings, but I feel it neccessary to warn many good Atari hobbyists and users of a wolf in lamb's clothing in our midst.
This message comes after 16 months of broken appointments, and broken promises reguarding an agreement on an Atari item.

It was over a year ago that Edward Williams was accused by someone on the Atari 8-bit newsgroup of being little more than a thief. I stood up to defend his honor since he was a fellow member of AUNT, and a long time Atari associate from back when I was into Atari the first time around back in the 80's. I must now sadly apologize for my stance on his behalf.

Information on this individual is as follows:

Digital Data Factory (Edward Williams)
200 Crestview Dr Apt 62
Jacksonville AR 72076-4068
USA
(501) 985-2082
Used hardware
Repair Shop.

(This information found online at...)
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/vendev/

Mr. Williams was notified on August 3rd that this message would be sent to all Atari channels if he did not return the Atari item we had agreed on for him to work on. Naturally a few additional days were given to allow for labour day and the postal delivery day in case he sent it by mail.
And as said before, the firm deadline I placed came after 16 months of many arrangements made, missed appointments, packages that were promised on being shipped, you know the drill.

I have been an Atari hobbyist and trader since November of 1998. Made many transactions, met many people. I like to fulfill my trading transactions with quickness and efficiency. When I came back from my nine year absence from Atari computing, it was good to see a familiar face like Ed's. He and I go way back. It was fun hanging with him and AUNT. His actions seemed sincere enough then. I'll remember that part fondly.
But for some reason he has chosen not honor his deal with me, and from what I've seen I am not the first.

I hope that my actions on the newsgroups are respectable enough that you will know I would not post this without just cause.

My thanks to the other good folk here that make this hobby such a blast. It is for your sake that this letter was written.

Sincerely,

Greg Goodwin aka "Doctor Clu"
@>-->----------------

Topics Author  Date
  [Please read - Buyer Beware] Digital Data Factor  Greg Goodwin 09-06-2000 03:52 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames