Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level
Author: Peter (smtp.hms.se)
Date:   06-21-2007 12:17

I quote:

" I was wondering if emulation might prove to be a forum for improving some of the older programs like Cyberpaint, where PCs can provide higher resolution and greater colours for these programs. Cyberpaint for example is a great program and if it had greater resolution and colour it would smoke much of what exists out there. Just wondering, I know it's a tall order. Thanks. Mark."

... and...

" It's very exciting! I think you're totally on the right track! There's a whole new platform for discovering Atari out there.. and updating the older programs utilizing the power of the newer systems. "

----------- snip -------------

My point is, there are applications which does exactly this on higher end Ataris. Also, the Aranym virtual machine provides access to native features of the PC. So basically, you're dreaming of stuff which is already there, hence my comment.

-- Peter

Topics Author  Date
  Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Mark 04-17-2007 04:04 
   RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Peter 04-23-2007 13:24 
   RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Sulfur Fury 06-20-2007 09:10 
    RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Peter 06-20-2007 11:56 
     RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Sulfur Fury 06-21-2007 11:32 
      RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Peter 06-21-2007 12:18 
    RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level  Peter 06-21-2007 12:17 
     RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Sulfur Fury 07-03-2007 04:05 
      RE: Emulation taking older programs to a new level new Peter 07-03-2007 14:42 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___ 
| '_ \/ _ \ '_|  _|  _/ _ \ | / _ \
| .__/\___/_|  \__|_| \___/_|_\___/
|_|                                

Copyright © 1997-2024 Atari.Org 
Atari is registered trademark of Infogrames