Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: MEGASTORE-30 questions....
Author: 82-T/A (199.227.24.2)
Date:   07-05-2000 08:55

I noticed that the Atari MEGA-STORE 30 hard drive I got with my MEGA-4 ST had a Seagate ST239A or something hard drive inside. I also noticed that it isn't scsi but instead it's either an MFM or an RLL hard drive.

I have plenty of old Segate double decker hard drives pumping out over 60 megs of hard drive space (WOW!!!). Is there any way I can upgrade this MEGAstore or attach a second hard drive or something?

Also, I have a Supra DRIVE 20mb Atari HD. I originally used that on my 1040. When I hook up the MEGASTORE-30 into the back of the MEGA-4 and then hook the SupraDRIVE into the back of the MEGASTORE30, the Supra Drive doesn't work. Any way I can get both of them working together?

Also, is there a quick writeup that explains the operating system? I don't know too much about how this OS works. The SupraDRIVE was partitioned like 3 times.. which is kind of anoying. Any idea how to remove partitions and reformat the hard drive?

Are the drivers for the hard drive built into ROM inside the casings? Or is that something thats installed ON the hard drive iteself? Cause im wondering if I reformat.. will the hard drive not ever start up again?

Also, I noticed on the SupraDRIVE there is a COMMAND.COM and Autoexec and Config sys, does TOS use those?

Any help I would greatly appreciate. These machines are getting cooler and cooler by the minute. Anyone know of a good FAQ that explains my many questions?

Thanks!!

Todd

Topics Author  Date
  MEGASTORE-30 questions....  82-T/A 07-05-2000 08:55 
   RE: MEGASTORE-30 questions.... new houdini 07-05-2000 20:52 
   RE: MEGASTORE-30 questions.... new elliot 07-05-2000 21:55 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _