8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: After all these years?
Author: Atari Raised (adsl-66-142-41-90.dsl.kscymo.swbell.net)
Date:   01-01-2004 13:59

Steve,

Thanks for the very informative, well written response. Actually I was weaned on TRS-80 CoCo but after only having a 4K machine with 16 colors, I ended up giving it up in college. After college I wanted a machine that I could program. One choice was the Commodore 64 but it was all peeks and pokes and Atari Basic was a much higher level language. I never could afford an Apple or an Amiga, and even the 800 wen it first came out, but by the time I graduated the 800 was affordable in a used machine so I went with that. Well, I never got to program it and I'm sure I never made full use of it by the time I gave it up for an Epson CPM machine and then eventually a 486 when I wanted to get on the internet. I never had a DOS or Windows 3.1 PC either. I was never much into games. I had a 2600 type but that was about it. I have never played home Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Lynx or any other but a DJ on the radio mentioned about getting a bunch of the original 2600 games built into a joystick and I also found where you can order CD's with some of the games. Yesterday, at work a friend told me about the emulators. At this point I would be interested in learning about those and in fact if I can download some of the games from Usenet where I spend alot of time anyway, or if you could point me to some good places on the web, I would try that. Thanks for taking me back and thank you for explaining the love of the 8-bit which apparently has never died and maybe never will. Isn't it just like holding on to your albums and your old turntable? I think I get it.

Topics Author  Date
  After all these years? new Atari Raised 12-25-2003 08:42 
   RE: After all these years? new Steve 12-26-2003 08:11 
    RE: After all these years?  Atari Raised 01-01-2004 13:59 
   RE: After all these years? new Joseph Burke 06-05-2004 23:15 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _     
 _ __  ___ _ _| |_ / _|___| (_)___