Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: battery life
Author: Shalroth (wwwcache-b.lmu.ac.uk)
Date:   06-13-2001 21:32

6 Hours is impressive - but then Duracell Ultras are very VERY good batteries - I have a portable CD player that quotes 2 Hours from Alkaline batteries, and Duracell Ultras kept it going for almost 6 hours, so there you are! Buy Duracells!!

As for the screen - that's a common problem with so-called STN screens. TFT screens have perfect contrast all the time, but STN screens have veeeery sensitive contrast adjustments. You'll notice the contrast needs constant adjustment as well - as the unit heats up during play, the contrast changes (it gets brighter/paler). My Toshiba 110CS laptop and Sony pocket TV (and...Oh yeah, my Lynx) suffer the same effect.

And don't use it when it's too cold - you can destroy the LCD!! The moleculs of the chemical in the LCD tries to 'twist', but the liquid is frozen, so all the bonds break. I've seen a gameboy die this way...someone took it on an artic expedition (the fool! I don't know how he was going to play with those big gloves on) and apparantly, the LCD in the unit never worked after he tried using it there.

Topics Author  Date
  battery life new Justin Trevan 05-13-2001 15:36 
   RE: battery life new eexlebots 05-14-2001 21:42 
    RE: battery life new Justin Trevan 05-15-2001 10:15 
     RE: battery life new eexlebots 05-15-2001 22:22 
      RE: battery life  Shalroth 06-13-2001 21:32 
       RE: battery life new Rock Hardy 06-30-2001 14:09 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?