Author: Ragstaff (aegis.itc.gu.edu.au)
Date: 08-06-2002 11:07
Hi, I just got my first Lynx (a LynxII) and it's cool! I was just wondering a (fair!) few things though.
1. I see that the highscores and stuff aren't saved after a reset. Is the Lynx able save at all, on other games?
2. I don't have a powerpack, and it chews the batteries like crazy! On the back of the Lynx it says 9v, and I read somewhere that it needs around 300mA (thus consuming 2.7watts)... is the power input proprietary or "standard" (in which case I can get a power supply of the right specifications and plug it in)
Also, how common and expensive are Lynx power supplies? I'm in australia = 240volts mains.
3. What are the best games! :o)
4. Has anyone ever done a hardware hack and replaced the screen?
5. One of the games I have just says "Insert Game" when I plug it in and power on the lynx. I've cleaned it with methylated spirits nd it didn't help... are there any other tricks?
That'll do for now :o)