Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: 0
Author: 0 (0)
Date:   -0

Hi,

Seems I was too excitable this morning, and posted in the wrong section: http://forums.atari.org/read.php3?num=3&id=20003&loc=0&thread=20003

Full text in previous post copied below:

Hi,

I recently bought myself a Nokia N900 (http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/). This is a linux phone, not locked down. It has all the connectivity you could probably want: wifi, bluetooth, 2/2.5/3/3.5G comms, IR, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, TV-out. And raw power: this thing plays Quake 3.

Also included in some of the package repositories (it's Debian-based) are some Atari emulators. I've spotted Aranym and Hatari in there, but others might have been ported.

I've installed Hatari. Today, I played Stardust for the first time in years, hooked up to my TV. It stuttered a bit when the phone was handling email in the background, but it put up an admirable performance. This, I thought, was pretty neat.

I'm thinking of digging out some of my old floppy disks and running the old games I used to love so much on my phone. Some games such as Stardust, Obsession, etc, probably lend themselves quite nicely to this sort of pick-up-and-play environment. Plus, it's a good bit of nostalgia for me.

Does anybody have any other adventures in portable emulation? I guess it's questionable that the iphone would have emulators available, but presumably Android phones will have this sort of stuff running?

-S.

Topics Author  Date
  Portable emulation new Stween 04-05-2010 20:16 
   RE: Portable emulation new Galen 04-07-2010 01:26 
    RE: Portable emulation new Amphetamine Filth 10-18-2010 00:14 
   RE: Portable emulation new kickback999 04-22-2010 14:33 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your Email:
 Subject:
 Human verification:   What's this?
               _    __     _ _