8-Bits

Classics

Emulation

Jaguar

Lynx

Classic Consoles Forum 8-Bits Forum 16/32 Forum
Emulation Forum Jaguar Forum Lynx Forum

Subject: RE: MiNT on emulator
Author: Damion (dsl82-163-137-233.as15444.net)
Date:   09-04-2006 01:32

>>Are you sure it didn't install properly? Was there an error message during the installation? I suspect that you got in the login screen while your falcon's clock is dead and the NVRAM has been preset in STLOW. You should login (you can allways login as root) and type aes or xaaes in the command prompt. It is advisable to set the NVRAM to another resolution. But that can also be configured in XaAES. If that's not the case you can allways ask easymint to reinstall xaaes...

At the time, I had only realyl just done a MiNT Install. I had lots of errors while installing and I found out that the RPMS were corrupt, so I had no chance really.

I added NAES2 by hand and that sorted me out as a quick fix, but I dont like Thing, but do like Jinnee and I tried that but no go.

>>Teradesk is great too and really light for the system, maybe you should give it a go? Oh and it's open source ;).

I used to use TeraDesk all the time, in the land before time... I loved it back then, and now its Multitask friendly, thats brilliant. I have had a quick play and its fine, however, its very bare, especially when you compare it to such seriously powerful beasts as Jinnee. I use Jinnee for its features not just cos its pretty, so I still want to use it.
For a smaller system however, I dont think you can beat TeraDesk for ease of use, and size.

>>Actually mint will run in a 2MB system too and will be very happy with a 4MB st. The people that work in MiNT and XaAES have made it possible, but some things will have to be omitted. I had installed CrippleMiNT in my falcon when I only had 4Mb and it was quite happy with it as long as I didn't have much eye candy... None actually ;. Of course you can allways check out MyAES, which is very nice and fast too.

But there you are!

The idea of MiNT is to have the power and features isnt it? otherwise, you might as well use MultiTOS.

As you say, cripple MiNT... Its crippled, so why bother?

Thats why I use Magic... Far quicker than MiNT, leaves MultiTOS in the dust, and above all, absolutely simple to install and very, very reliable, and does not hog masses of resources and CPU time like MiNT does.

Ok, so this seem to be slightly different these days, but you can do a hell of a lot more with Magic on a 2MB system, than you can do with MiNT on a 4MB system.

Topics Author  Date
  MiNT on emulator new DWhyte 01-28-2006 01:55 
   RE: MiNT on emulator new Francois LE COAT 01-28-2006 08:40 
   RE: MiNT on emulator new Damion 07-31-2006 05:14 
    RE: MiNT on emulator new Christos 07-31-2006 08:07 
     RE: MiNT on emulator new GokMasE 08-01-2006 13:12 
      RE: MiNT on emulator new Damion 08-10-2006 03:11 
       RE: MiNT on emulator new Christos 08-10-2006 11:25 
        RE: MiNT on emulator new GokMasE 08-10-2006 11:36 
        RE: MiNT on emulator new Damion 08-29-2006 23:29 
         RE: MiNT on emulator new Christos 08-30-2006 00:21 
          RE: MiNT on emulator new Anders Eriksson 09-02-2006 18:36